Allison Krueger from Park Edge Sweet Shoppe & Cookie Expressions by Park Edge was in the kitchen making an easy, DIY hot chocolate recipe that is not only delicious, but a perfect gift to give this holiday season! Check out the recipe below! For more information on Park Edge Sweet Shoppe visit www.parkedgesweetshoppe.com or check out their location at 325 Abbott Road in Buffalo.
1 16-oz. Mason Jar
3 tbsp. Confectioners’ Sugar
2 tbsp. Cocoa Powder
1/3 c. Chocolate Chips
1/3 c. Mini Marshmallows
1 1/2 cups Milk (any type, or water)
Method – for Gift Giving
- Into mason jar; add confectioners’ sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Into separate small bags, add chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
- Close bags and put into jar on top of sugar mixture.
- Write out instructions and put into jar:
- Add 1 1/2 cups warmed milk (any type, or water). Shake well. Add chocolate chips and marshmallows if desired.
- Close lid and decorate jar. Perfect for gift giving.
Method – to Make for Yourself
- Remove instructions, chocolate chips and marshmallows from jar.
- Add 1 1/2 cups warmed milk (any type of milk, or water). Place lid on tightly.
- Shake well.
- Add chocolate chips and marshmallows if desired. For a fun twist, add cayenne pepper, stir with a peppermint stick, or add Bailey’s.