Still six weeks till Christmas, but Santa Claus comes to town this weekend in Western New York.
- You will hear the sleigh bells ring at three suburban malls tomorrow, as Saint Nick arrives for the holiday season. The big guy will touch down at Eastern Hills Mall and Walden Galleria at 10 am Saturday, and Boulevard Mall at 11:30. He will be at all three malls for pictures every day until Christmas.
- Santa will also make his way to Downtown Niagara Falls, Ontario on Saturday morning, for their annual parade! It starts at Victoria Avenue and Armory Street, and ends at city hall for a meet and greet! The festivities begin at 11 am. Go to www.niagarafalls.ca for the details.
- If you and your kids are not ready to start thinking about the holidays yet, bask in the wonder of bubbles at the Buffalo Museum of Science! From the pictures, it’s not hard to see why Bubblefest is one of the most popular events on their calendar each year! There will be activities throughout the museum all day Saturday, from 10 to 4. Online ticket sales are over, but you can still get them at the door.
- Sports and theater are colliding in the theater district. Lombardi is now on stage at the 710 Main Theatre. It tells the dramatic true story of the Hall of Fame Football coach. The show is a Musical Fare production, and it’s sponsored by the Bills. It runs through November 23rd.
- The Elmwood Village Association is having one last bash to celebrate its 20th anniversary season! The party will take place at the Saturn Club from 6:30 to 9:30 Friday. Elmwood establishments will provide cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, and entertainment. Head to www.elmwoodvillage.org to get your tickets!
- Then warm up with some of Buffalo’s signature cuisine and best beer at the Marcy Casino in Delaware Park Saturday afternoon. Cole’s Restaurant, Resurgence Brewery, and Ru’s Pierogi are teaming up for a “Pints and Pierogi” sampling session from 4 to 8. This is a 21 and up event. You can get your 20 dollar tickets at the door.
If you have an event you’d like to see featured on Your Weekend in WNY, email email@example.com