The weather is getting chilly which means the soups on in the Winging It kitchen! Chef Chaz from The Riverstone Grille was back in studio cooking up beer and cheese soup with a local twist! Check out the recipe below:
Beer & Cheese Soup:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 chopped medium sized yellow onion
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (12-ounce) beers of choice (recommended: Southern Tier Old Man Winter)
- 7 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 7 ounces Manchego Cheese, shredded
- 7 ounces Gouda Cheese, shredded
- 7 ounces Marscapone Cheese
- 4 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon franks red hot
- 1 teaspoon dijonmustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound favorite bacon crisped (topping)
Melt butter in a stockpot over medium heat.
-Add chopped onion and cumin. Saute until softened. Add flour. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
-Add chicken broth and beer. Heat until it comes to a boil. Add heavy cream, salt, dry mustard, franks red hot and Worcestershire sauce.
-Reduce heat to low and cook until soup has thickened and lightly boiling.
-Slowly add cheese while stirring until just boiling and smooth. Cut bacon into pieces and place in a saucepan.
-Saute bacon over medium heat until crispy.
-Add bacon to the soup at the end, transfer to a large serving bowl and serve hot.