Chef Chris from La Tavola Trattoria on Hertel Avenue was in the kitchen preparing a delicious grilled duck breast from the restaurant’s new fall menu. Joe Graziano was also on hand making the perfect fall cocktail to pair with the hearty dish. Check out the recipe below!
For more information on La Tavola visit latavolabuffalo.com
Char-Grilled Duck Breast with Wild Rice Risotto & Cranberry Compote
– 1 8 ounce farm raised duck breast
– 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
– 6 ounces of risotto
– 2 ounces of wild rice
– 8 ounces of fresh spinach
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 2 ounces of fresh cranberry compote
– Begin by liberally seasoning the duck breast with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil
– On a grill or grill pan, begin to cook the duck breast over low to medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side
– In a separate pan, saute sliced garlic.
– Add fresh spinach, salt & pepper and saute for about 3 – 5 minutes
– In another pan, mix cooked risotto and wild rice together over medium heat
– Plate the duck breast on top of the risotto mixture and spinach. Then finish the dish with cranberry compote on top. Enjoy!