Halloween lands on a Friday this year which means trick or treaters may be enjoying the holiday later into the night. Jay Bonafede from the American Red Cross joined Lauren in the couch with tips on how to stay safe when trick or treating this Halloween. Check out the full list of safety tips below! For more tips visit www.redcross.org
TRICK OR TREAT SAFETY
- Look for flame-resistant costumes.
- Plan the Trick-or-Treat route and make sure adults know where children are going.
- Make sure the Trick-or-Treaters have a flashlight. Add reflective tape to costumes and Trick-or-Treat bags.
- Visit only the homes that have a porch light on. Accept treats at the door – never go inside.
- Consider using face paint instead of masks
- Walk only on the sidewalks, not in the street. If no sidewalk is available, walk at the edge of the roadway, facing traffic
- Be cautious around pets and any other animals.