Chef Sue and Mallary Whipple from Wegmans were in the kitchen this morning demonstrating how to make a quick and easy week night meal that packed with nutritious vegetables. Check out the recipe for Sesame Garlic Chicken Stir Fry below!
For more recipes from Wegmans visit wegmans.com
Sesame Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
1 package (16oz) Food You Feel Good About Cleaned and Cut Stir Fry Vegetables
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced across the grain int 1/4 inch strip
1 1/2 Tbsp corn starch
3 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp Wegmans Vegetable Oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 Tbsp minced, peeled fresh ginger root
8 Tbsp Asian Classics Sesame Garlic Sauce
1/2 tsp ground white pepper
2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Blanch stir fry vegetables for 2-3 minutes in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp and tender. Drain; transfer to bowl of ice water. Drain and set aside.
- Place chicken in small bowl. Add water 1 Tbsp at a time, working in with hands until water is absorbed into chicken. Sprinkle cornstarch over chicken and work in with hands to coat all pieces.
- Drizzle oil around sides of stir-fry pan: tilt pan to distribute evenly. Heat oil in pan on HIGH until oil faintly smokes. (if oil smokes too much, pan is too hot).
- Add chicken, garlic and ginger. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add Sesame garlic sauce; stir fry 2 minutes. Add pepper and vegetables; stir fry to heat through, 30 seconds. Transfer to serving platter; garnish with sesame seed.