Chef Karl from The Conference and Events Center of Niagara Falls was in the kitchen preparing a perfect seafood dish to celebrate the end of summer. Check out the recipe below:
– 8 0z. Salmon
-Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 5 Tablespoons of Butter
– 1 Pint of Shrimp Stock
– 1 shallot
– 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
– 1 lemon
– 1 bunch of Asparagus
– 1 pound of Baby Red Skin Potatoes
– Blanch the red skin potatoes until you can insert a knife with ease. Drain the potatoes and set them aside.
– Season the asparagus with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and place to the side
– Make sure the salmon is completely dry. Season with salt and pepper, then place in a pan over medium- high heat with oil and 1 teaspoon of butter. Place the salmon flesh side down. Cook until golden brown then flip and place in a 350 degree oven and cook for about 10 minutes (or until the internal temperature is 125 degrees).
– Place the asparagus in the oven for just a few minutes before the salmon is done and cook until roasted but still have some snap to it
– In another hot pan over medium – high heat, place butter and red skin potatoes. Lightly press the potatoes to smash, then cook until gold brown crust forms and flip.
– Place the pan that the salmon was cooked in back over high heat and add the oil and shallots. Cook shallots until they are translucent. Add the poppy seeds and toast. Add 1/2 cup of shrimp stock and reduce down by 3/4. Add 1 teaspoon of butter, squeeze 1/2 lemon and salt & pepper
– Plate the dish by placing the salmon on top of the potatoes and asparagus and spooning over the sauce