The combination of savory pork and sweet blueberries will have your mouth watering for this specialty from Osteria 166! Chef Jeff kicked off the holiday weekend by preparing this delicious recipe in the kitchen. You can try the cobbler from Osteria 166 at the upcoming Iron Event on Monday, September 8th. The event will bring some of Buffalo’s best chefs under one roof at Town Ballroom to raise funds and awareness for ALS. For tickets and more information visit www.theironevent.org
Recipe for Pork Belly Cobbler:
– 1/2 pound of brined pork belly
– 1/2 stick of butter
– 1 pint of blueberries
– 1 pint of strawberries
-1 pint of raspberries
– 1 1/2 cups of sugar
– 1 cup of flour
– 1/2 cup of brown sugar
– 1/4 cup of vanilla sugar
– Cover the brined pork belly and roast at 200 degrees for 4 or 5 hours (until tender)
– In a pan, simmer 1/2 cup of granulated sugar with a pint of blueberries and 1/4 stick of butter. Let the sauce reduce down for about 15 – 20 minutes.
– In another small pan, melt 1/4 stick of butter with drippings from the brined roasted pork belly.
– In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar and vanilla sugar. Pour over the butter and pork dripping mixture over the dry ingredients. This will be the crumb topping.
– Cut the roasted pork belly into 1-2 inch cubes
– In an individual sized, oven safe dish, place three cuts of pork belly. Sprinkle fresh raspberries and strawberries around the meat. Then spoon the blueberry sauce over the dish.
– Place the dish in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes
– Serve the cobbler warm and enjoy!